Someone please give me one good reason

13 04 2008

As to why that wasn’t the official Resonant Blue PV?

That is exactly how a PV should be done. Not a solid dance shot. Not a dance shot with a couple close-ups here and there. A PV with story shots, and in a big group like Morning Musume, giving every single member a fair ammount of screen time.

Woah, hold the phone. Did I just really type that? Did I really just see that?

Hello! Project has never, and I repeat, never given a fair ammount of screentime to each member in a PV before. Ever. Not for any group. Seriously, never.

So I’m 25% shocked that they actually did that, but the other 75% is that it was in Morning Musume of all groups. The “Ai, Reina, Koharu, and those other girls” group. You would think if they experimented with this that it would be with something like the reject-mini-album-song-for-a-single group Melon Kinenbi or “Airi, Maimi, and sometimes Nakasaki and Mai” aka C-ute. But Morning Musume?? The “head honcho”, the “mothergroup”, the “main act”??

You can tell it’s an experiment. That’s why it wasn’t the official PV. But damn, I really wish it was. The girls actually get to show their personalities.

Okay, don’t just hold it, hang up the phone. Because it’s obvious we’re not talkin about H!P anymore here.

Ai probably does excersize in her free time, trying to maintain her image as leader and set an example. ewKoharu really is a camera whore. Reina really does wear glamorous clothing and purses all the time. Sayumin and Kamei really are best friends. Gaki-san… well, she’s really Gaki-san. Mittsi really is the only girl in Momusu attending school right now (hence the school uniform and waiting at the subway, presumably after school). And the Panda Parade really are very close and burry themselves in Chinese whenever they can.

So once again, how is this a H!P PV? I don’t remember ever seeing an H!P PV filled with personality. And I do recall the few “Takahashi Ai and some girls” singles just a few months ago. I really don’t mean to sound redundant… but I’m just having such a hard time gripping this.

I could bairly keep watching the PV I was so excited to come and report my findings.

As I said at first, this is exactly how a PV should be done. Get to know the singers, have a storyline. (I loved the dance practice shots!!! Junjun got a really nice ammount of screentime!) Yes, a dance adds variety every once in a while, but it should never be the main focus. Nor, in my opinion, should the lip-syncing screenshots.

This isn’t an idol group PV.  This is an singing group’s PV.  This is how its done.

I haven’t said this in a really long time, but H!P, Tsunku, other dude… You did really well for once. Good job. Don’t screw it up with the next single.

And just to make it interesting… here’s the approxamite ammount of screentime every member received. (The dance practice shots were whoever you could see up front in that particular shot, and where no one person stood out, it was put under “group”)

Dance Shot- 133 seconds
Tanaka Reina- 53 seconds
Takahashi Ai- 25 seconds
Kusumi Koharu- 25 seconds
Niigaki Risa- 23 seconds
Junjun- 21 seconds
Michishige Sayumi- 16 seconds
Mitsui Aika- 16 seconds
Linlin- 14 seconds
Kamei Eri- 12 seconds
Group- 12 seconds

Based on that, it’s pretty obvious that Reina starred in this PV (you can tell even without numbers), but what’s really surprising is a) rising star Kamei Eri got the least ammount of solo screentime and b) Junjun got more screentime than any of the other backup dancers. I thought the Pandas were supposed to be neglected.

Just some food for thought.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

5 responses

14 04 2008
YankeeOtaku

Thank you for your post, which has been rated by YankeeOtaku at:
http://bloggerparty.com/sp_kudos_on_new_resonant_blue_pv

14 04 2008
International Wota » Blogs Hello! Project Recommended » [Blogs] More Reactions To The Alternate Resonant Blue PV

[…] CRY… They granted our wish! (Morning☆Kuri) Resonant Squee: Another Version (Renai☆Project) Someone please give me one good reason (Shanimuni Paradise) The One In Which Both “Resonant Blue” And Iggy Pop Are Referenced Again […]

14 04 2008
wxin

Honestly speaking, I don’t like it. It’s so half-hearted that it’s OBVIOUS.

14 04 2008
T0FU

Why isn’t Koharu in school??? She doesn’t want to finish high school atlesat?

29 04 2008
renaye

i just like the dance movements and the song. so i often watch their live dances.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




%d bloggers like this: